The Brava Hotels group wants to bring its guests closer to the surrounding area. That is why we explain the 5 most important places of interest in Sant Feliu de Guíxols, the coastal town where two of our hotels are located: Hotel Eden Roc and Hotel Montjoi.
Below we recommend places and activities that you should not miss when visiting our village:
1. Hiking the paths of Sant Feliu de Guíxols: The city has an extensive network of signposted paths that invite you to take different routes, both on foot and by bike. You can follow the cliffs and coves along the coastal path or get lost on the trails that lead you through the “Gavarres” and the “Ardenya” massif.
2. Climb a via ferrata: A via ferrata is a route in a rock massif equipped with keys, steps, ropes, chains and other materials that make it easier for the user, who is not used to climbing, to progress both in the vertical and horizontal sections and to enjoy the mountain, the sea and the adventure in an exciting and safe way. The activity is suitable for adults and children.
3. Discover the “Via Verde” by bike: This is a cycle route that connects Sant Feliu with the inland plain as far as Girona and Olot.
Thanks to the restoration of the old railway line, it is a tourist attraction. The green path of Sant Feliu de Guíxols is the beginning and the end of the old “carrilet”. On arrival in the town, on the seafront, you will find the “Tinglado” building, a place where you will be welcomed with all comforts.
4. Visit the monastery near the sea: The architectural ensemble of the Benedictine monastery is the largest representative of the city’s cultural heritage. It is considered a cultural asset of national interest. Its origins date back to the 10th century (Ferrada Gate) and it is built on archaeologically documented earlier structures from Roman times.
5. Snorkelling: The seabed of Sant Feliu de Guíxols is undoubtedly one of the most important diving sites in the Mediterranean. Snorkelling, scuba diving and free diving are very easy and safe to practice, being less than twenty minutes from the port of Sant Feliu. Thanks to the depth of 2 to 40 metres, both beginners and advanced divers can dive. Its fauna represents 90% of the coastal fauna of the Mediterranean. As there are no rivers nearby, the water is very low in sediment, with an average visibility of 20 metres.
Enjoy a family holiday with plenty of activities.
Brava Hoteles awaits you.